Birmingham's No1 Community Station
Parliament and You. Improving Diversity
Parliament and You. Improving Diversity – live radio show
Join New Style Radio’s Different Anglez show for a live radio event in Birmingham on Friday 17 November looking at diversity and the UK Parliament, and how you can make a difference.
With increasing numbers of black and ethnic minority MPs and women elected to the UK Parliament, diversity is increasing. Join Charmaine Burton from Different Anglez, the UK Parliament Outreach and Engagement Service, and our specially invited panel to discuss how this can continue to improve and how you can get involved.
The panel includes:
· Shabana Mahmood MP for Birmingham Ladywood
· Councillor Rachel Okello for New Hall Ward and Founder of Black Women in Politics
· Desmond Jadoo, Birmingham Empowerment Forum
· Councillor Paulette Hamilton Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care and Councillor for Handsworth Wood
· L'myah Ross Walcott of ParliREACH, Parliament’s workplace equality network for race ethnicity and cultural heritage
Discussion topics include:
· How and why to get involved in politics
· Challenges and successes
· How to improve diversity in the UK Parliament
· What you can do to make a difference
When and where?
When: Friday 17 November, 9.30am arrival, with broadcast from 10am - 12 noon, followed by lunch
Where: Afro Caribbean Millennium Centre, 339 Dudley Rd, Winson Green, Birmingham, B18 4HB
How to book your ticket
Places are limited so make sure you book your ticket in advance online: